Based in Belgrade, Serbia
Press / Business contact:
COLUMNAE: A Past Under Construction is a non-linear point&click adventure game set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk world. The game is currently under development for PC, Mac and Linux.
When an environmental catastrophe left the surface of the Earth uninhabitable, the rich locked themselves up in Deus: a heavenly settlement built upon gigantic metal pillars called Columnae. Beneath Columnae, a huge apparatus Machina was built to automatically extract underground resources and pump them up via pipes, through Columnae and into Deus. Trying to escape the lethal environment on the surface, those not wealthy enough settled in Columnae, where they now live by parasitizing on resources coming from Machina. Not only unable to enter Deus, but also unwilling to cooperate with people living on nearby Cliffs, the society of Columnae is plagued by corruption, political manipulation, power struggle and poverty.
• story–driven game with classic point & click adventure elements such as puzzles based on items and dialogues
• non–linear approach persistent throughout the gameplay, allowing a huge replayability
• retrocausality – chapters are not played in chronological order, which allows the player to affect not only the future but also the past of the main character and the world. Depending on the actions that the player chooses to do within each chapter, yet–to–be–played chapters are placed in an appropriate "version" of the past or the future.
• steampunk world with four distinct environments including: upper and lower Columnae filled with intrigue, underground Machina holding secrets from the past, anarcho–tribal society of The Cliffs, and industrious Greenhouse–Dome owned by The Baroness.
Trailer and Explainer YouTube
There are far more images available for Moonburnt Studio, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Indie Game" - Reboot InfoGamer, 15 November, 2015
- "Maybe this will be the Post-apocalyptic Day Of The Cyberpunk Tentacle."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Columnae boasts one of the most complete backstories and universes we've seen on Collective."
- Square Enix Collective, Twitter